Retractable screens are a great addition to any home or business in New Zealand, as they provide protection from pests, UV rays, and harsh weather while still allowing you to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to know which retractable screen is the right fit for your specific needs. In this blog post, we will go over some key factors to consider when choosing the right retractable screen for your home or business in New Zealand.
- Size and location of the opening: The first step in choosing the right retractable screen is to measure the size and location of the opening where you want to install it. Retractable screens come in a variety of sizes and can be customized to fit any opening, from small doors to large patios. Keep in mind the location of the opening and how frequently it’s used to know what type of screen is best.
- Climate and weather conditions: New Zealand’s climate and weather can vary greatly depending on the region, so it’s important to choose a retractable screen that can stand up to the elements. For example, if you live in a coastal area that gets a lot of wind and salt spray, you may want to choose a screen that has zipped-in tracks or is built to withstand heavy winds.
- Type of screen: There are different types of screens available for doors, windows and outdoor areas, such as solar screens, which block UV rays, and bug screens, which keep pests out. Decide what type of protection you’re looking for, whether it’s UV rays, wind, rain, or bugs, this will help to narrow down the options available to you.
- Style and design: Retractable screens come in a variety of styles and designs, so you can choose one that best complements the aesthetic of your home or business. Consider the style of your building, and look for a screen that will blend seamlessly with the overall look and feel.
- Ease of use: Retractable outdoor screens can be manual or motorised, motorized screens are easier to use and can be controlled by remote, but they come with additional cost. Decide on how you want to operate the screens, it could be based on the frequency of use and how much you’re willing to invest.
- Brand reputation: Lastly, consider the reputation of the brand, look for brands that have been in the market for a long time, and have a good track record of providing high-quality products and excellent customer service.
In summary, when choosing the right retractable screen for your home or business in New Zealand, it’s important to consider the size and location of the opening, the climate and weather conditions, the type of screen, the style and design, the ease of use, and the brand reputation. By taking the time to research and carefully consider these factors, you can be confident that you’re choosing a retractable screen that will best meet your needs and provide many years of enjoyment.